The Chicago Blackhawks welcomed the Florida Panthers to the United Center last night and already improved on their 0–2 record against the Cats from last season with a convincing 4–2 win.
- The Blackhawks jumped out to a quick 1–0 lead on a Taylor Raddysh power play goal and closed out the period with a late Patrick Kane goal, his first of the season. Philipp Kurashev scored the game-winner by victimizing an injured Gustav Forsling late in the second period, and Jonathan Toews had the insurance goal late in the third.
- Goaltender Alex Stalock continues to battle and keep the Blackhawks in games. Stalock stopped 28 shots, including 13 in the third period, while his teammates scored four goal on only 22 shots.
- Chicago held the Panthers to 0–6 on the power play, while scoring on one of their two power plays.
- Seth Jones was a -2 for his second consecutive game.
- Good or not, Luke Richardson has this Blackhawks team playing more physical than fans have seen in quite a long time. They registered 29 hits against Florida’s 17, which seems to be working.
🏒 The Blackhawks host Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl and the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday evening. The puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. CDT.