The Chicago Blackhawks took on the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday afternoon in Manitoba. Both the Hawks and Jets were coming off wins entering the game. While the Jets got four goals from four different players, the Blackhawks were shut out for the second time this season.
- The Jets got goals from Josh Morrissey, Adam Lowry, Pierre-Luc Dubois and Nate Schmidt.
- Winnipeg goalie Connor Hellebuyck recorded his 30th career shutout and his second of this season.
- The Blackhawks have lost four out of their last five games and are 5–5–2 on the young season.
- Arvid Soderblom saved 21 of 24 shots in two periods before being pulled from the game. The trainer said that he was not feeling well and no further update has been given.
- Goalie Dylan Wells made his NHL debut in the third period, making 12 of 13 saves. Wells, a 2016 fifth-round pick of the Edmonton Oilers, was signed on Nov. 2 on a two-way contract. He was the organization’s fifth string goalie entering the season.
- Blackhawks goalie Petr Mrazek is hoping to be back this week. He suffered a groin injury on Oct. 21 against the Detroit Red Wings.
The Blackhawks’ next game is Thursday against the Los Angeles Kings at 9:30 p.m. CST.