Staff writer Owyn Cooper chats with Juliana Nikac, social media manager for the NWHL’s Connecticut Whale, about her love for the game of hockey, having a career in sports and much more.
- What is your background in hockey and how did you end up in the industry? (2:00)
- What was it like going to school at two colleges with prestigious hockey programs? (7:05)
- What did you know about the NWHL and what about it drew your interest in working for them? (9:40)
- What is the voice of the Connecticut Whale on social media and how did you find your brand? (12:00)
- What was the most difficult part of running social for a sports team during COVID-19? (15:57)
- What the impact been like when the NHL puts a spotlight on the NWHL? (22:23)
- Thoughts on a NWHL team in Colorado? (25:45)
- If you had advice for aspiring young women in the sports industry, what would you tell them? (28:04)
- What is your take on fans with multiple team allegiances? (31:12)
- What are your thoughts on the NHL’s division alignment? (36:48)
- Who is your Stanley Cup pick? (43:15)
Please do us a favor. Subscribe, rate this episode, share with your friends and even write us a review. The best reviews will be read on the air.
Also, please help spread the word to more #RinkRats and visit our sponsor www.PUCKHCKY.com. Use the discount code “THERINK” for 10% off all orders.
Are you a RinkRat who also owns a business? Our data shows Rinkcast listeners are (like you) affluent, discerning and want to patronize like-minded brands. As part of our growth, we are looking for an exclusive advertiser, at a VERY low cost. Email email@example.com for more details.